Latest News

Best Of Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

, Posted by Chika at 9:11 AM

best jazzElla Fitzgerald's voice was satin to Louis Armstrong's sandpaper, but if you do a song together, their chemistry impeccable. This disc select highlights from the three albums they made together at Verve (including Porgy and Bess), and add a cool song live at the Hollywood Bowl. Although not well agree (voice Armstrong was not built for harmony), Ella and dignity swing flashes to tease the mind to play Satchmo throaty rumble of good humor in symbiosis. The material is usually easy thing Tin Pan Alley (lots of Gershwin, and people were like "I've Got My Love to keep warm) and they fly like a dragon.

Track Listing

1. Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
2. Love Is Here to Stay
3. Nearness of You
4. Stars Fell on Alabama
5. Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You
6. They Can't Take That Away from Me
7. Autumn in New York
8. Summertime
9. Tenderly
10. Stompin' at the Savoy
11. Under a Blanket of Blue
12. I Wants to Stay Here
13. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
14. There's a Boat Dat's Leavin' Soon for New York
15. You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald

Previous Best Jazz

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails